To upgrade your copy of WordPress Auto-Provision from version 1.x to version 2.x, please follow these steps:
- Download version 2.x and upload the contents of the "upload_me" folder to your WHMCS directory.
- If you have created custom WordPress install packages, copy these folders from the old module directories (/modules/servers/wpprovision/custom_files and /modules/servers/wpprovision/custom_files/custom_folders) to the new module package directory (/modules/addons/appprovisionwp/packages/). Edit each of your custom package folders so that the "wp-content" folder is inside of a folder called "files", within the package folder (e.g. /packages/mywordpress/files/wp-content). Please see the default folder provided as a guide. Any custom database.sql files should remain in the root of their respective package folder (e.g. /packages/mywordpress/database.sql). The custom package folder names no longer need to match a product ID and can be named whatever works best for you. You will have the opportunity to connect these folders to specific product installations during the configuration steps.
Note: All package folders should be located under the root of "packages". There are no longer two separate package directories (e.g. "custom_files" and "custom_folders").
- Log into your WHMCS admin area and navigate to Setup --> Addon Modules. Activate the addon for WordPress Auto-Provision and enter the same license key used for the previous module.
- Navigate to Setup --> Products/Services --> Products/Services and open each of the products you current have configured for the WordPress Auto-Provision module. Make a note of your settings for each product as you will need to re-enter these details under the new addon module. (Recommendation: Open two browser windows, one with your old product settings and one where you enter the new settings).
- Navigate to Addons --> WordPress Auto-Provision and click on the link called "Add New Product Settings". Create a separate configuration entry for each product you previously had configured.
Note: The e-mail template has been moved into the configuration settings in the database and is no longer a single file in the module folder.
- Once you have created your configuration entries for the new module, navigate back to Setup --> Products/Services --> Products/Services and open each of the products you current have configured for the WordPress Auto-Provision module. Under the Module Settings tab, change the Module Name to "Appprovisionwp" and re-enter your WHM details (package, disk space, etc.) as required.
- Finally, navigate to Setup --> Products/Services --> Servers and open each server you previously had configured for the old module. Change the Type field from "Wpprovision" to "Appprovisionwp".
This completes the initial "installation upgrade steps" of the new WordPress Auto-Provision 2.x module. The remaining configuration steps will vary depending on how you want to implement the module features.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The new WordPress Auto-Provision 2.x module is installed completely separate from the 1.x module. This means that you can have both modules installed while you make the transition over to the new module. It is recommended to create some test products and ensure proper functionality of the new module before converting any existing products over.
For further information on how to use the WordPress Auto-Provision 2.x module, please see our instruction manual or contact us with any questions.