Below are the recommended steps for creating a customized version of WHMCS to use with the provisioning module:
Install a Default WHMCS Site
- Go to Addons -> WHMCS Auto-Provision and ensure that a default WHMCS configuration exists. If a product configuration does not exist, please refer to our installation guide for assistence.
- Go to Clients -> Add New Client and create a test client account with a valid e-mail address.
- Go to Orders -> Add New Order and add your WHMCS product to the test client account. Note: We recommend setting the Order Status to Active and the Billing Cycle to Free for testing purposes.
- Go to Clients -> View/Search Clients and click on the test client profile. Click on the Products/Services tab and then select the WHMCS product from the dropdown menu (if the test client has more than one product assigned).
- Press the CREATE module command button to run the module and provision a new WHMCS site using default settings.
This serves two purposes: It tests the module in its default state to ensure everything is working correctly and it provides you with a fresh WHMCS install to configure your theme and module files.
Log into the new WHMCS site that was created by the module (WHMCS admin credentials will be sent to the client e-mail address during provisioning) and begin installing your custom theme and module files.
Note: How you configure the site at this point is exactly how it will be provisioned for new users later.
Copy the Customized WHMCS DirectoryOnce all of your custom configurations are complete, log into the FTP site for the test WHMCS site that you just customized and copy the contents of the customized folders to your WHMCS site under (/modules/addons/appprovisionwhmcs/packages/[customwhmcspackage]/files/).
Note: You only need to copy the custom content, no need to copy the default items that are already included with a default WHMCS install.
Copy the Customized WHMCS Database
- Log into the phpMyAdmin interface using the hosting account for the test account that your customized WHMCS site is installed on.
- Extract the WHMCS database as file type .sql and save it to your desktop.
- Rename this file as database.sql and upload to your custom WHMCS package folder (/modules/addons/appprovisionwhmcs/packages/[customwhmcspackage]/).
Note: Be sure the database.sql file is loaded below your custom package folder but above the files folder.
Finally, in WHMCS, run the module again to create a second WHMCS test site and verify that everything loaded correctly.