- Download and install the latest release of the IBG App Installer - Joomla module using our IBG Module Loader.
- Log into WHMCS and go to Setup -> Addon Modules and activate the IBG App Installer - Joomla addon. Enter the license key provided to you and select the appropriate level of access for the addon. Note: To obtain your module license key, please log into the client portal at https://secure.insyncbusinessgroup.com.
- (Required but you can use existing settings, if desired) Login to your hosting server admin console and create a new hosting package for your Joomla hosting accounts. If you have an existing hosting package that you want to use (which must allow at least 1 MySQL database and 1 FTP account for account provisioning), then you do not need to create a new package. Allow enough disk space and bandwidth to provide an adequate experience to your customers. You can create multiple packages if you are going to offer different disk space/bandwidth allowance options. Remember, if you are not going to offer hosting server control panel access for these accounts, you do not need to enable all of the hosting account features such as FrontPage, CGI, E-Mail Accounts, etc.
Choose How to Use the Module
A Joomla site can be provisioned using either a product (which means a new Joomla site will be installed when a new hosting account is created) or as a product addon (which will install Joomla onto an existing website hosting account).
Option 1: Installing Joomla Using a Product
- Navigate to the Setup -> Products/Services -> Servers area and ensure that you have already configured a cPanel or DirectAdmin server.
- Navigate to the Setup -> Products/Services -> Products/Services area.
- (Optional, but suggested) Create a new Product/Service group for the Joomla accounts.
- Add a new product/service for the Joomla accounts. Select Product Type as Hosting Account and enter any applicable pricing and term information. Be sure to select that a domain is required for this product/service (if one is not provided during the ordering process, the Joomla site will not be provisioned). Under the Module Settings tab, select the appropriate cPanel or DirectAdmin server module, the corresponding Server Group, and enter the WHM hosting package details that you wish to assign.
Option 2: Installing Joomla Using a Product Addon
- Navigate to the Setup -> Products/Services -> Product Addons area.
- Create a new product addon that will be used to provision a new Joomla site. Associate the addon to an existing product which is assigned to a cPanel or DirectAdmin hosting server (additional hosting platforms may be supported in the future).
Attaching Joomla Provisioning Settings to a Product or Product Addon
- Navigate to the Addons -> IBG App Installer - Joomla.
- Click the Add New Product Settings link to create a new product configuration profile.
- Select the correct hosting platform that the associated product is configured for. Selecting the incorrect hosting platform will cause the provisioning process to fail.
- Select the product or product addon which will be associated with the configuration settings on the screen.
- Set the remaining configuration settings as desired. Click on the blue question mark icon next to each option for further details about that item.
Customizing Joomla Packages
You can customize the Joomla installation packages by taking an existing Joomla site and either exporting a copy using our Joomla Package Builder, or by manually exporting the files and database from an existing Joomla site and loading the required files into the FTP package site as shown here. Once the new Joomla package is built, it will appear as a package folder option in your Joomla configuration settings.
Using the Module
Once the module has been configured, you can begin provisioning new Joomla sites by creating new orders for the assigned products above, or by adding the assigned product addons to existing client orders (clients can also place their own orders for the associated products and product addons from the client interface). Once an associated product or product addon has been assigned to a client, you can manage the Joomla site using the controls on the client's product page in the WHMCS admin interface as shown below:
Additionally, the client can login to their Joomla site from the client interface, as shown below:
Note: The client interface controls can be changed to fit your theme by modifying the file clientbuttontemplate.tpl, located in [WHMCS root]/modules/addons/ibg_app_installer_joomla.